TRAINING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note we reserve the right to amend course prices or run promotions at any time, without prior notice. Once a booking is made, the price paid is final and no price difference can be refunded in the event of a later course price reduction.
All course fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Any Masterclass courses cancelled at our discretion, would be applied as a credit on file to rebook or transfer to alternative training.
In line with new legislation, consumers may wish to visit the following website in the event of any dispute European Online Dispute Resolution.
Eye Candy Academy is unable to offer refunds for cancellations outside of our control, i.e. adverse weather conditions, terrorist attacks, flooding, industrial action or Visa refusals. An alternative training date will be offered. The Academy is not responsible for any loss of income, accommodation/travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses.
Cancellation / Rescheduling Requests & Fees
In the event of a genuine reason for cancellation (proof of which may be required); of a confirmed training date notified prior to the booked training date, a request for a transfer will be considered at the discretion of Eye Candy Academy (subject to availability). If successful, an administration fee of £25.00 per course date will be charged. Non-attendance where no prior notice is given may result in loss of course fees. In the event of a genuine reason for cancellation (proof of which may be required) you may be eligible to have 50% of the fees transferred to another date within a 6 month period.
Should you be unable to attend a confirmed training date for medical reasons, a valid medical certificate covering the named student and day of the booked training will be required to waiver the fee to reschedule. Under medical or compassionate circumstances (proof of which may be required) and where immediate reschedule might not be possible; a credit for all or part of the course fee may be placed on file as a gesture of goodwill. Credits will be valid towards training courses only and run for a period of up to 6 months from the date of issue at which time the course fees would be forfeited. No refund of course fees can be issued.
In the first instance, please contact our team at email@example.com regarding your reschedule request (or non-attendance), who will respond within 24 working hours.
Booked training is non-transferable to an alternative student. Please ensure the booking is made giving the correct name of the person attending the course at the time of making payment. Amendments to this will be chargeable at £25 per course date/person, where possible for a change to be accommodated and a minimum of 48 hours’ notice prior to the course date is required, in writing.
In the event that Eye Candy Academy should have to cancel your course for reasons outside of our control; Eye Candy Academy will endeavour to give students at least 24 hours’ notice of any cancellation by telephone and/or email. The Academy is not responsible for any accommodation/ travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses.
Course Completion Times
All practical training must be completed within 6 months of booking your course, unless otherwise agreed in writing at the time of booking.We cannot offer any refunds, credits or substitute training.
Minimum Student Age
We accept all students aged 16 years or over for our face to face training courses. With regret due to insurance reasons, we are unable to accept students aged under 16 years on the day of training for face to face courses, however online courses are open to those of any age as no attendance of our centres is required. Please note most insurers will only provide public liability (beauty therapist) insurance for working with the general public to those aged 18 or over, although some selected companies will accept those aged 16 or over.
Once you have booked a training course you will receive an email within 24 hours to confirm the booking, and arrange a booking date and time for your Masterclass training. These will be held either in group or 1:1 sessions at Eye Candy Hair and Beauty, 37 Hill Street, St Helier.
For any external training requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Courses / Student Portal
Students who book online beauty courses will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of booking which will include details of how to access the Student Portal & unique login information. We recommend students to access the portal and download/save a copy of any additional reference documents available for your course such as the practical assignment pack as soon as possible. Enrolment for online courses runs for 8 weeks during which time you must work through the online learning resources, complete the multiple choice theory tests and submit your case studies.
Students are responsible for keeping their login details secure and private. Students must also ensure they have suitable access to the internet and hardware (pc, mobile phone, iPad etc.) in order to access and complete their course. No refunds can be issued due to failure to ensure this before booking. Any issues with gaining access should be reported to our Support team at email@example.com to ensure you are able to access and complete your course within your enrolment period.
Online courses require completion of theory tests and some case studies at home (for which you will need to work on friends/family and have access to basic products at home). Theory tests are completed through the online portal.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS & LICENCE TO USE MATERIAL
All Intellectual Property Rights in or arising out of or in connection with the Training and Treatment shall be owned by the Company.
The Customer must not use any of the Company’s material in a manner that might reasonably be expected to bring the Company into disrepute. Further the Customer must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials printed off or downloaded in any way, and must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
All equipment and products are provided for you to train with on the day. However, if you are studying for a course requiring home study such as VTCT / City & Guilds qualifications, Online & Virtual Academy Courses, and BABTAC units; you will be required to purchase products for the home study aspect of your course (and for Assessment days with VTCT / City & Guilds). Selected starter kits are available for our students to purchase through our website. These are provided to students directly from the wholesale supplier. Contents listed are typical but may vary, dependent on stock levels as required by the supplier. The starter kit contents also give you some idea of the minimum basic items you will require, however there may be additional items you will look to add beyond the starter kit(s) once you begin practising to enhance your treatments. Kit orders will only be processed where the student has already booked or attended to complete the relevant training course with Eye Candy Academy, as we provide kits only for the purposes of training, practice and gaining qualifications to our own students. Orders from those who have not completed training with us may be refused and result in cancellation / refund of the kit fee paid.
Kit prices quoted on the website include postage and packaging. We only ship products to UK Mainland and Channel Islands addresses.
All kit shortages or damages should be reported by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of receipt. You will then be advised of the process to receive any shortages, return the kit or for kit collection by the supplier. Please note kit contents is stated as typical contents but may be subject to change or substitution by the supplier without prior notice, for which we are not responsible.
Returned kits must be sent by recorded post or collection by the supplier will need to be made possible. Refunds or replacements will only be issued upon receipt of the returned kit(s) and confirmation of any reported damages / faults by the supplier in order to confirm and issue the refund. Any kits not found to be as reported may be refunded minus a restocking / return postage fee at the supplier’s discretion.
Beauty Insurance (Public Liability Insurance)
Following your practical training, you will need to apply for beauty insurance to allow you to begin working on members of the public. This will allow you to begin working on a self-employed basis (mobile) and to take payments should you wish.
Please note if you wish to obtain cover with a specific insurer, you must check with the insurer prior to booking your course that they will accept our Diploma. Most insurers will however accept the qualifications including NVQ, VRQ and City & Guilds awards. Insurers work to their own discretion over preferred training providers and this is beyond our control. If you hold an existing policy, you are responsible to ensure the insurance provider will extend your cover to include the new treatment(s) and for covering any cost to make changes. Eye Candy Academy cannot accept responsibility for issues resulting with insurance companies where students fail to check this prior to booking.
If working self-employed, you must also ensure you register with HMRC regarding any tax/ national insurance applicable to any income earned on this basis. If intending to run a business from within your home, you must check your mortgage / deeds / tenancy to ensure there are no clauses to this. You may also need to enquire with your local council if seeking to change use of an area of your home or to open business premises to check their requirements and if any special treatments local authority licensing is applicable. We recommend checking these factors prior to booking to enable you to make suitable plans for your new career.
It is important students keep their knowledge and practical skills up to date by refreshing their knowledge using their training notes and continuing to practice their treatments ready for assessment days. Additional fees will apply should you require further training at a later stage, beyond your initial training days. You should ensure you revise and prepare thoroughly ready for assessments.
Qualification Programme Structure
All training should be completed as soon as possible, but within 6 months of date of booking to ensure best opportunity to complete the award.
Support for existing students is available from our Support Team by emailing email@example.com
All emails are responded to within 48 working hours. You may also request a call back by email if preferred.
We are keen to ensure all students gain the most from their training experience. In the first instance, please raise any difficulties or concerns with the tutor on the training day(s) or by emailing customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org as most issues can quickly be rectified at the time.
In the unlikely event your training course with us does not meet your expectations and you feel unable to raise this with the tutor on the training day, please email email@example.com with the details of your feedback or complaint.
This email must be received in writing within 5 days of your training course. We take all feedback and complaints very seriously and this will be investigated as required. You will receive a response in writing within 5 working days.
For existing student support regarding coursework or assessment related issues/ queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all queries relating to existing bookings, cancelling/rescheduling dates, diploma certificates or kits: email@example.com
For all queries relating to Masterclass bookings, cancelling/rescheduling dates please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Code of Conduct: Masterclass Courses
To ensure all learners are given the best opportunity to learn, we would ask the following code of conduct is adhered to at all times:
- Punctuality is essential with all learners. Please arrive promptly for your start time which will be confirmed prior to your course date.
- Allow adequate time to travel to the training centre. Lateness is very disruptive for other students and may mean you miss fundamental aspects of the training.
You may be refused entry if you arrive late for training.
- There is a transfer fee of £50 per training date to reschedule your training if you arrive late. Please do not break from the training unless instructed to do so by the tutor.
- For one day training courses there will be lunch break along with short refreshment breaks throughout the day, timed as is appropriate for the course.
Taking excessive or unauthorised breaks may mean you miss vital training that impedes your success on the course.
- Students are encouraged to go out to cafe or coffee shop close by during agreed breaks. Learners are required to wear a suitable beauty uniform to training days, or suitable plain black clothing. (No scarves, tassels, frills ie clothing that could get in the way)
- Nails should be short, hair tied back.
- All learners are expected to fully participate including giving and receiving treatments. Any exceptions (e.g. medical reasons) to this must be agreed at the time of booking and a suitable female model may be required to be provided by the student in order to participate.
- Please ensure an enrolment form is handed to the tutor. Please make the tutor aware of any medical conditions or learning difficulties which may impact your learning (these should previously have been discussed at the time of booking to ensure suitability for the training). This can be discussed with the tutor upon arrival at the centre, in confidence. This will allow the tutor to best support you throughout the training day and make any adjustments possible to assist you to gain the most from your training.
- We can accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or theft of personal property; however rare. Therefore we encourage students to leave all unnecessary valuables at home, remain vigilant to their belongings during training and take all property with them when leaving the centre. Any property left behind will be held for 7 days, following which it will be disposed as appropriate. Students are responsible for collection of lost items from site, by appointment. We cannot post or deliver any lost property.
- Products / tools provided at the training centre remain the property of Eye Candy Academy and should not be taken from the training centre at any time. Such will be treated as theft and reported to the authorities. Please work with the tools / products and within the facilities provided taking care to avoid causing deliberate damage or loss. Students may be held responsible for the cost of such loss / damage.
- Please wait until items are provided to you and no time should students access any staff only store cupboards or storage areas without express permission of the tutor and/or without supervision. For reasons of health, safety and hygiene; please use products / tools / equipment only as directed and when prompted by the tutor. If asked to ‘down tools’, please ensure you comply with any instruction by ceasing immediately.
- Use of mobile phones is prohibited during training and should be turned off outside of agreed breaks.
- No smoking, use of e-cigarettes/vaporisers or chewing of gum within the training centre. Students must not consume or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during attendance of the training or assessment day(s). You may be asked to leave the centre where we have reason to suspect such influence.
- The training centres operate a mixed sex basis for training days and you must be prepared to give and receive treatments from students of the opposite sex.
- Be courteous and respectful to tutors and other learners. No use of foul language. Abuse of any kind including racism will not be tolerated. Please avoid discussion of any sensitive or unrelated topics during the training which may distract other students or at any time, which may cause offence to others. While we operate a welcoming, friendly atmosphere on training days, student conduct should reflect that which would be expected by a beauty professional working within a salon environment since you are undertaking a professional skills course. Please ensure you work cooperatively and respectfully with all and take feedback / guidance seriously to allow you to acquire and demonstrate the required level of competence upon the training course(s). We appreciate learning new skills can sometimes be challenging but outbursts or disruptive behaviour (which may affect other students) will not be tolerated. Tutors will support you as best possible so please work with our staff to assist you, trusting in their professional knowledge and experience. Verbal, physical or written abuse will not be tolerated at any time and will result an immediate verbal warning from the tutor. Should the conduct continue, you will be asked to leave the training immediately. You will not receive your diploma and will forfeit all course fees paid.
- Should an issue arise on your training day in relating to other learners on the course or if you are experiencing difficulties with the course, please immediately notify your tutor so action can be taken or advice given to support you as required as it is sometimes difficult to rectify issues later and this will allow you to gain the most from your training day experience. Any issues will be handled in the strictest confidence but will not be permitted as grounds for any refund of course fees or for additional training, where this is not raised on the training day to enable remedy.
- Learner feedback forms are to be completed at every training session and are compulsory where requested.
- Photographic ID must be shown to the tutor at every training day to gain admission to the centre, if requested. Entry may be refused without this.
- Students must not take any photographs or make any recordings (audio or video) of any kind while in attendance of training and/or when within the training centre premises. This is to meet Data Protection legislation, to protect the privacy of our students and avoid disruption to training. Photos may occasionally be taken by tutors with the express permission of students, for the purposes of marketing/promotion. Exception to this rule applies during a Masterclass course for the use of social media and for students portfolios.
Terms relating to Course Packages & Promotional Offers:
- Payment in full must be made at time of booking.
- Discount is on selected packages only. Saving stated refers to the saving made against the full, standard individual course fees for the courses included within that package or the usual course package price itself.
- Courses within the Packages must be attended by the same person
- Courses within the Packages cannot be changed or substituted with any other courses, only the specified courses will be provided.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
- We reserve the right to amend course prices or run promotions at any time, without prior notice.
- All courses booked as part of the Package deals are non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances. Any reschedules of dates will be at the discretion of The Beauty Academy and subject to the rescheduling fee of £25 per training date, where deemed possible.
- Dates must be selected at time of booking. Training dates are subject to availability at preferred training centre & places are not confirmed until your booking has been processed by our team. All training booked as part of a package must be taken within 6 months of date of booking the package.